Brookfield Renewable is seeking an ambitious System & Data Analyst to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry. This role is ideally suited for a motivated, career-oriented individual seeking a challenging opportunity. The incumbent will be primarily responsible to collect, organize and transform large quantities of data to support the transaction management processes and reporting requirements. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operational Risk and Data Quality Control he incumbent will also be responsible to develop data automation, create automated reports, and participate actively in information system implementation and improvements.
- Collect, organize, and transform large quantities of data into useful and reliable information to enhance the transaction management process, P&L attribution and senior management reporting;
- Conduct data integrity test to ensure the validity of the information used in analysis and reports submitted to senior management;
- Develop solutions to explain performance with regards to market events, trading activities, and other performance drivers;
- Collaborate with various departments and serve as primary contact with the Business Analysts group and the IT group to document data and system requirements;
- Work collaboratively on continuous process improvements initiatives;
- Work on ETRM (Energy Trading and Risk Management) system improvements, implementation projects and execute User Acceptance Testing;
- Participate in company-wide support & knowledge group regarding data tools (Alteryx, Databrick);
- Enthusiastic learner with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and quality of work;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a large team;
- Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyze it to prepare meaningful reports;
- Ability to self-motivate and work on a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Capable of solving problems and using sound judgment.
- College or bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming, or Bachelor’s in degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or other relevant degree with exposure to data analysis;
- Knowledge of programming language such as Python, R, Matlab, SQL or similar;
- Relevant experience with large data sets is an asset;
- Knowledge of Alteryx is an asset;
- Knowledge of Trade capture and Data Validation System is an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits from day 1, paid time off, Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
- A collaborative, open, dynamic and fast paced environment