About The Role
Brivo is looking for a highly creative, passionate, and skilled Software Engineer to design and develop new web services for a global security system serving millions of users. As part of the Brivo team, you will work with people who are dedicated to creating a great customer experience, are focused on quality in every aspect of their work, and are constantly seeking to learn and improve. Our best engineers are adept at picking up new things, enjoy solving challenging problems, speak up, and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
You will also be expected to:
- Spend 80-90% of your time writing code and designing solutions
- Work with team leads to support the company's mission through architectural and technical improvement
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with product owners to deliver new features to production
- Along with your team, take ownership of the applications you work on
- Work within an Agile team to complete code reviews, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
- 1-3+ years experience with React/Typescript in production applications
- 1-3+ years experience with MaterialUI in production applications
- 1-3+ years experience with AWS serverless lambda based development
- Experience configuring Jenkins
- Strong foundation in web applications and services with modern software architecture
- Must be able to work hours aligned with the Eastern Time Zone
- Experience with video streaming
- Experience with image processing
- Experience with WebRTC
Brivo is the global leader in mobile, cloud-based access control for commercial real estate, multifamily residential, and large distributed enterprises. Our comprehensive product ecosystem and open API provide businesses with powerful digital tools to increase security automation, elevate employee and tenant experience, and improve the safety of all people and assets in the built environment. Having created the category over twenty years ago, our building access platform is now the digital foundation for the largest collection of customer facilities in the world, trusted by more than 25 million users occupying over 300M square feet of secured space in 42 countries.
Our dedication to simply better security means providing the best technology and support to property owners, managers, and tenants as they look for more from buildings where they live, work, and play. Our comprehensive product suite includes access control, smart readers, touchless mobile credentials, visitor management, occupancy monitoring, health and safety features, and integrated video surveillance, smart locks, and intercoms. Valued for its simple installation, high-reliability backbone, and rich API partner network, Brivo also has the longest track record of cybersecurity audits and privacy protections in the industry.
Brivo is privately held and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Learn more at
Brivo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Powered by JazzHR