More than 100 million homes are in poor energetic condition. As a result, millions of tons of CO2 are emitted too much each year. This must change so that we can achieve the climate targets!
From automated energy audits to financing & grants, we will be the one-stop solution to help homeowners decarbonize their homes.
Together with you, we want to achieve the energy transition and build the leading brand for energy retrofits.
Take this exciting opportunity to join our fast-growing Climate Tech startup and become part of the success story that will sustainably improve European homes. 💚
Build something that matters, Million people will use and has a huge impact on achieving the climate targets! 🚀
We believe in:
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Embracing mistakes over avoiding them
- Full ownership over full control
- Simplicity and focus over completeness
We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial mindset who enjoy having the freedom to directly own and impact parts of the baupal product.Tasks
- Working closely with frontend and product on the platform for thousands of users per month: Plan data models and architecture and execute new features from beginning to end.
- You’ll design, architect and build the backend, but will also be directly involved in many product decisions, with a lot of space for growth.
- Writing, extending and debugging microservices for both existing and planned features.
- Care for tooling, metrics and other solutions to hold up our content quality to the highest standards.
- You'll oversee the system design and architecture to come up with a scalable and reliable system.
- We're about improving stability and automating as much as we can including load tests and vulnerability scans.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Backend Engineering role
- Experience with building data-heavy applications
- Strong experience in building scalable infrastructure
- Strong experience with Express.js, Node.js and TypeScript
- Good experience with PostgreSQL databases and complex data structures
- Experience in working with cloud-based systems (i.e. AWS) is highly desirable
- Experience developing in Salesforce is a bonus
- Ownership: You are a self-starter and are satisfied by owning large chunks of the product roadmap
- Caring about quality, performance, user experience and security
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams but are also able to work independently
- Fluency in English (German is a plus, but not required)
- Become part of one of Europe's fastest growing climate tech startups - funded by Europe's best-known VC's.
- We offer a very attractive salary and diverse career opportunities
- You will take on responsibility from day one and contribute directly to helping us achieve the energy transition
- We offer you an exciting job with short decision-making processes and plenty of room for your personal development.
- You will become part of a passionate, professional and friendly team while getting first-hand experience in building a world-leading tech company
- This role is remote friendly.
- A beautiful office in Berlin with a view of the Spree River, with everything your heart desires and numerous team events.
All of us also love to get things done and strongly believe in “done is better than perfect”.
We hope to have raised your interest and look forward to receiving your application!