Software Development Intern - Summer 2023
The Software Engineer Intern will be a member of a team responsible for designing, analyzing requirements, developing, implementing, testing, debugging, and maintaining software solutions for ADTRAN products including but not limited to the following: driver development, application development, system software architecture, software test development, and customer assistance. Duties and Responsibilities Preferred Qualifications
- Example target projects: o Design or assist in the design and development of multiple L2 and L3 networking protocols running on embedded network devices. o Design or assist in the design of TA5000 Access Module software including new features and maintenance and enhancement of existing products. o Design or assist in the design and development of the Mosaic Cloud Platform management solution.
- Perform or assist in high-level and low-level software design and implementation of new modules and enhancements to existing software.
- Perform or assist in feasibility studies of needed software development.
- Document the design including features definition and provisioning models.
- Help to model and define APIs using MIBs, CLI, YANG, or similar standards.
- Conduct and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Plan and perform unit and system-level testing of implemented software modules and enhancements.
- Help fix software bugs found during all testing phases.
- Work with team to deploy and test incremental software releases.
- Organize and coordinate development activities within schedule and product constraints.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- Work with support team to troubleshoot field or customer lab issue.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent education required.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- This Software Engineer is an entry-level position, which may include up to 2 years of experience.
- Example Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Ethernet and networking protocols and experience with embedded software design, implementation, and debugging ranging from the driver/interrupt level up to the application level including interprocess communication and multi-threading techniques is required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software engineering, and functional programming techniques is required.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience developing containerized applications (Docker or equivalent).
- Experience developing and deploying large scale applications.
- Familiarity with lab test equipment that would be needed to the unit or system-level test the software component designed is required.
- No travel is expected in this position
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the Summer.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IP protocols, Datacom technologies, embedded Linux, L2, and L3 protocols, Ethernet switching, networking protocols, FTTx, GPON, SNMP, CLI, and BPON experience preferred.
- Paid volunteer time is available.
- Paid holiday, sick, and vacation time available.
- Depending on your location, you may be offered rent assistance, relocation and/or a commuter stipend.
- Each intern is provided with a mentor each term on their team who will be the go-to person for any help you may need during your term.