Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Global’s Streaming Technology Organization is looking for early in career software engineering talent to join our growing Pluto TV, Paramount+ and Network Streaming engineering teams as part of our Streaming Technology Engineering Development Program (STEP). The goal of our program is to ensure early in career talent has an opportunity to not only start, but grow their technical careers at Paramount.
From becoming specialists in our core tech-stack to exploring new projects and products, your growth and development takes center-stage while you work alongside best-in-class technologists to deploy your code to our audience on a global scale. You will also work as a key member of a high-performance team within an enterprise organization that delivers content to millions of subscribers.
We are looking for passionate developers who are excited by the idea of applying their technical skills to support our mission of entertaining the planet while using an agile approach to drive growth and innovation across our streaming platforms. Our teams value collaboration and embrace our family of brands to continuously improve our offerings while keeping our audience top of mind.
Applications for our June 2023 Cohort
are now open – apply below to be considered! We will be reviewing and considering applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide specific updates on your application status.
Starting your career in the STEP program means you will:
This is a hybrid opportunity and open locations are:
- Work alongside a cohort of peers with a multi-week training that provides you the opportunity to learn more about our businesses while building your knowledge on development methodologies and sharpen your professional and technical skills
- We provide dedicated resources for your first 2 years (and beyond) from our Program Management team who is focused on your continued development and career growth
- Receive professional development through our mentorship program, trainings, and business takeaways from senior leaders
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- New York City, NY
Program roles and placements are available across our diverse teams and include: Front and Backend Development, Mobile & Web Dev, DevOps, Video Engineering, Automated Testing and more. Placement area is dependent upon business needs.
- Create solutions with a team of engineers developing fast, stable, and reliable apps, Web sites, and/or services
- Write well tested, readable code
- Work with technical and non-technical staff to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers, giving and taking feedback
- Learn a large existing code base and add new features to it
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Early in career with 0-1 year of academic, professional or internship experience working in a coding setting environment
- Fluency in object-oriented programming/design
- A demonstrated passion for software development in the form of personal projects, volunteer work, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team-player with the ability to work optimally and efficiently with others
- Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Github or other version control systems
Hiring Salary Range: $85,000.00 - 95,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.