Green Expert Technology Inc. (GreenXT) provides technical and project management consulting to corporations and government agencies. We employ engineers, programmers, analysts, and certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) who deliver technical leadership to our clients in all project phases.
Green Expert Technology Inc. (GreenXT) is seeking a Junior Software Installation Engineer to support the U.S. Navy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electronics Engineering (Computer Science degree is not applicable for this position)
- Active DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain this clearance upon position acceptance) is required for this position
- Up to 25% travel may be required for this position
- 0-3 years of professional experience within industry as a computer engineer
- 0-2 years of professional experience integrating computer hardware/software systems
- 0-2 years of professional experience in computer system design
- 0-1 year of professional experience troubleshooting network-based systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Ability to work on and climb ladders, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Support/conduct pre-testing, installation, System Operation Verification Testing (SOVT), and Installation Check-Out (INCO) on DDG IBS/IBNS, Voyage Management Systems (VMS), and Steering and Propulsion Control Systems (SPCS)
- Load VMS and SPCS application software and ensure it is operating correctly
- Inspect/verify equipment installation, operations, and conduct testing of system upgrades/revisions
- Support troubleshooting and repair of Windows-based computer hardware/software and physical media (fiber optic, shielded/unshielded twisted pair, and COAX); re-imaging hard drives; and installing software and configure network connectivity
- Provide waterfront liaison support by providing status of alterations, non-permanent changes, repairs, operation, maintenance, and testing of specific systems/equipment; and providing immediate feedback on shipboard issues and concerns
- Review and use of Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), Liaison Action Requests (LARs), Test Procedures, and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Document System Problem Identification Reports (SPIRs) in JIRA/confluence and assist in tracking to completion
- Coordinate and support progress meetings for projects and repairs
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance