At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
What you will do (day in the life):
In this role, you will support the Software Assessment automation activities using the DevSecOps Environment of the component software products comprising the Ground-based Missile Defense (GMD) program. This includes designing, implementing, and maintaining a modern system deployment to the customer digital environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflow for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A)
is seeking a Software Engineer
to join the Modeling and Simulation
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
A Software Engineer on this team will:
- Perform software development primarily in C++, Python, and C languages on the Linux operating system.
- Integrate and debug existing code, assist with code design, testing, and documentation.
- Utilize basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management.
- Work effectively in a rapid paced team environment.
Experience in the following areas:
- Software debugging and testing experience.
- General software development, peer review, and configuration management.
- Participation on an Agile development team.
- Briefing completed work at iteration demonstrations.
- Writing unit and regression tests.
- Interacting with other development teams to determine root cause of integration issues.
- Application interface development and integration.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment.
( An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start is required.)
- GMD program experience.
- System of Systems Integration experience.
- Knowledge of compilers and external library linking.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to review performance and identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Web development experience.
- Knowledge of the Linux OS.
- Knowledge of network programming and protocols (TCP/UDP).
- Knowledge of Agile development process.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, or the Atlassian tool suite (Jira).
- Utilization of Digital Engineering environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, must be able to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.