Software Engineer 1& II
Location: Huntsville, AL
Schedule: Full Time
Caribou Thunder is seeking a Software Engineer to be a part of a team that supports the In-Flight Interceptor Communication Systems (IFICS) Data Terminal (IDT) and Phased Array IDT suite of products.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM plus 2 years of related experience
- OR Master’s degree in STEM and zero years
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM plus 4 years of related experience
- OR Master’s degree in STEM and 2 years of related experience
- Development and support of the In-Flight Interceptor Communication Systems (IFICS) Data Terminal (IDT) and Phased Array IDT suite of products within the Agency’s Ground-based Midcourse Defense Weapons Systems program.
- Writing code that meets the IDT System requirements and complies with best practices and program defined Definition of Done.
- Meet dynamic customer needs for new and existing features of the IDT/PA IDT systems, while collaborating with team members from their cross functional agile scrum team.
- Ability to understand and interpret requirements and test guidance to complete configuration item and product-level integration testing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset.
- Experience writing code and compiling software programs.
- Familiar with debugging and troubleshooting software programs.
- Excellent decision making and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Test Lifecycle.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, Agile IPT environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business needs.
- Security+ certification
- GMD/MDA Experience
- Missile Defense Experience
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in IBM Rational DOORS system software.
- Experience in Atlassian Jira software.
- Experience in Integrated Digital Engineering Environments.
- Experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software Development.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices.
- Containerization and Software Implemented Servers Experience.
- Experience writing automated tests.
ABOUT CARIBOU THUNDER
Caribou Thunder, LLC is a Woman Owned, HUBZone Certified, Native American Owned, SBA and SDB Certified global engineering services company, incorporated in 2006. Caribou Thunder is a Global Service Provider supporting a wide variety of DoD, Space, and Intelligence programs with consistent growth since inception to over 100 associates and $10M in annual sales with solid performance in 35 states across the U.S. and 22 countries around the world.
Caribou Thunder, LLC is an established Defense contractor with nearly 20 years of experience delivering engineering services worldwide. We offer industry leading salaries, flexible work life balance, full range of benefits (career development and mentoring, PTO, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401k match). Caribou Thunder, LLC offers meaningful career opportunities within a true team-based environment, where every employee matters, contributing to a higher goal supporting National Security programs. Caribou Thunder, LLC is committed to hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. United States citizenship is a requirement for all positions.