Marley Spoon is committed to bringing delightful, market-fresh and easy cooking back to the people while building a sustainable supply chain for a waste-free world. Our renowned chefs create inspiring and mouth-watering recipes every week, our customers select what they would like to cook, and we deliver the recipes with all the ingredients they need. We’re a publicly listed company (ASX: MMM), operating across 3 continents and in 8 countries with over +1500 team members worldwide. We are using technology to re-invent the global food supply chain to reduce unethical food waste. In order to achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behavior prediction and real-time logistics.
Our 100+ digital team (engineering, product, UX), currently structured in 4 tribes, is responsible globally for all software our customers use as well as software supporting internal processes. You’ll join the Discovery Tribe which makes sure that the customers can dive deep into our product offering and discover recipes, additional food products, and subscription plans that exactly suit their needs.
You will start your journey on the RAMEN (Recipe and Menu Management) engineering team. As one of our engineers is going on a parental leave we need support on the backend side of things. Later on you’ll have the opportunity to experience other teams within Discovery tribe as well.
The RAMEN team is building an internal tool to support the whole culinary process at Marley Spoon. It’s a complex menu builder that automates recipe creation and helps the culinary team identify the perfect menu on a weekly basis. The tool is being used by our colleagues every day and is already instrumental in the operations of the company. At the same time, we have multiple ideas on how to extend it and our roadmap is full with features that will make the life of the culinary team easier.
The RAMEN team is composed of backend engineers, full-stack engineers, frontend engineers, and has a dedicated engineering manager and a product manager. We’re searching for a person passionate about backend development who will bring their expertise and opinions, and quickly learn the intricacies of the backend application from more senior engineers. As our team is cross-functional you’ll also have the chance to dive into the frontend side of things if you wish, but this is not required.Tech Stack
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Docker and Kubernetes on AWS
- TypeScript and React on the frontend side
- opportunity to work with Elixir on other applications
- Write testable and readable code
- Take ownership of medium-size tasks and work together with more senior engineers on larger initiatives
- Break down requirements into tickets as a tech lead for initiatives
- Perform code reviews to spread your knowledge and learn from others
- Collaborate with others on the team and suggest how we can work together better
- You have professional experience with backend development
- You have solid knowledge of Ruby
- You know how to write automated tests
- You understand that communication is one of the most important skills for a developer
- You are fluent in English
- An open, diverse culture with over 50 nationalities of friendly, fun-loving foodies
- A fast-growing company offering plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours; hybrid or remote work
- 30 paid days off per year
- Free Marley Spoon and/or Dinnerly boxes delivered to your home
- Conference / Training budget
- Company training in different areas
- Gym membership and language course discounts
- Friday drinks and plenty of team events
- A beautiful office by the canal in buzzing Kreuzberg, with free food from our test kitchen and plenty of space to create, connect & collaborate
If you're not sure about applying you can also reach out directly to Adam (email@example.com) who is the hiring manager for this position.