Job Purpose Summary
We are looking for a System Engineer to join our in-house team. We are particularly interested in recent graduates who are capable of independent thinking and have solid engineering foundations. You will be based at our office in Furness Vale, however, the position is a mixture of 80% office based and 20% site work in all areas that the company covers, so the ability to travel and work within the UK and abroad is a requirement.Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
You will be involved in the design, testing and commissioning of existing bespoke software solutions for automated conveyor systems, automatic transfer cars, pick and place robots and R&D activities on new software products.Personal Profile
Training & Development
- Honours degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Mechatronics.
- Any experience of robotics or PLCs would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of C++ or C# would be an advantage.
- Desire to pursue a career in engineering within a specialised company that rewards people who can demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Highly motivated individual that can work within a team and on his/her own.
- Willing to learn and to take responsibility quickly.
- Ability to complete tasks within tight timelines.
- Ability to travel to all areas of company’s operations.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Valid Full UK driving license and own car.
- Full in house and on the job training will be given.
- The company also encourages formal training.
- An experienced mentor will be allocated to guide and support.
- You will be encouraged to achieve membership of Professional Institutions.