Do you have a proven interest in information technology and a passion for learning? Are you a go-to problem solver that is motivated to make a difference by tackling sophisticated technical challenges leading to the creation and design of cutting-edge solutions for our clients? If so, joining CGI as a Software Developer could be the ideal opportunity for you.
You will join one of our many account teams and work in a highly collaborative environment to provide expertise in designing, developing and executing solutions to enhance the quality of IT products and services. At CGI, you can explore your full potential – not confined by borders or pre-defined paths. You’re empowered to solve problems in your own unique way which is not only valued and respected but encouraged.
What you’ll gain:
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project and exposure to business issues
- Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and the newest technologies
- Ability to work closely with developers, designers, business and systems
Your future duties and responsibilities
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
- Develop technical prototypes and assist in the creation of software documentation including requirements, design, and user manuals
- Understand and apply software design patterns
- Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
- Develop software solutions for business problems by using the latest tools, such as Microsoft .NET, Java, and open source technologies
- Develop database, ETL, and reporting solutions by leveraging the latest database technologies
- Participate in peer-led engineering and code reviews
- Develop an understanding of the benefits of quality assurance within enterprise software applications
- Assist in the development and execution of test cases and system test plans
Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
- Experience with SQL, Java, C++, J2EE, C# and/or .Net development
- The ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
- A great attitude and desire for learning
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.