BW Papersystems, part of Barry-Wehmiller, combines extremely strong brands, innovative technologies and long-standing global experience in the corrugating and finishing, sheeting and packaging, and stationery, book-binding and security-documents industries. BW Papersystems brings together 11 brands—BW Bielomatik (BWB), BWP Zerand, Curioni, JAG SYNCHRO, K&H Machinery Co. Ltd., Kugler-Womako, MarquipWardUnited (MWU), SHM, VortX, WillPemcoBielomatik (WPB) and Wrapmatic—that synthesize manufacturing in the paper process industries. We offer market-leading technology for full corrugators in a variety of configurations, rugged rotary die cutters and flexo folder gluers, as well as starch-mixing systems. Customers rely on us for folio-size, cut-size and digital-size sheeting and packaging of paper, board and other materials. In addition, BW Papersystems’ portfolio includes stationery, passport production and specialized paper-converting applications, as well as book-on-demand binding lines, digital print finishing and RFID processing technology.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description
Applies standard engineering techniques to design, develop, and maintain instrumentation or controls systems. Automates manufacturing or similar processes using instrumentation or controls systems. Develops new and modifies existing HMI applications, interfaces, or embedded controls. Participates in set-up and commissioning of new and upgrade projects. Troubleshoots and resolves malfunctions and makes recommendations that will improve efficiency or quality of operations. Documents, specifications, and operating procedures.Key Responsibilities
- Assist with developing engineering and functional system specifications based on sales, customer, and technical personnel.
- Assist with testing and debugging equipment to isolate defects.
- Assist with programming hardware/software to support machine-based control systems.
- Assist in evaluation of designs; make engineering changes.
- Assist in the evaluation of new parts.
- Manage and maintain product/project files.
- Travel to customer sites to support commissioning and startup of industrial equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience
- Knowledge and experience with automated control platforms such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, Beckhoff and B&R.
- Beginning knowledge of Control & Instrumentation Theory and Application; small computer and microprocessor programming techniques using higher level languages
- Strong logical and reasoning abilities
- Problem-solving ability
- Basic knowledge of software electrical design and project management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in customer’s facility and manage that relationship
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
- Typically, 2-10 years of software design experience is preferred. Candidates who recently graduated from college will also be considered for entry level engineer position.
Role reports to Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Manager or Principal Electrical Engineer; this position does not directly supervise other employees.Work Environment
This is an office position associated with a manufacturing facility. The employee’s essential job duties also require the employee to spend a portion of his/her time in the manufacturing area. The employee must be able to correctly wear and use any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required by the employer when in the manufacturing area.Physical Demands
This role requires the constant use of standard office equipment; visual and mental focus; light lifting may be required in order to inspect goods.Safety
All safety regulations must be observed.Position Type
This is a regular, full-time position with the understanding that a regular workweek will require extended days and hours as needed to meet business needs.Travel
Up to 25% of domestic and/or global travel is required.At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company