Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a large customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
At Avo, the collection and interpretation of data are essential for success. As products grow from concept to full-scale manufacturing, we need data solutions that scale. We are seeking a Software Engineer to design, implement and maintain a new manufacturing data traceability solution. The ideal candidate has the experience to employ best practices in programming and data management as part of the team developing our next generation solution.
- Learn about Avo’s data management requirements, specifically those needed for maintaining traceability of parts and assemblies throughout the manufacturing process.
- Lead implementation and CI/CD for an on-premises manufacturing data traceability system using MongoDB, Python, React application stack.
- Gather UI requirements through meetings with operations/engineering teams.
- Provide continual software support throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Programmatically interface with SAP HANA database, G-Suite data, and shop floor control manufacturing execution system (MES).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field (relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Knowledge of database design and implementation.
- Experience with MongoDB, Python, and/or React preferred.
- Ability to manage software development implementation and deployment through PEP-257 documentation compliance, CI/CD best practices, UML-style documentation.
- Excellent English communication skills including technical writing.
- Detail-oriented and a critical thinker.
- Python application development.
- Experience designing both structured and unstructured databases.
- RESTfulapplication development.
- Local application instance management.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and philosophy.
- Software project management.
- G-Suite APIs.
- SAP APIs.
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Avo Photonics is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Avo Photonics by any method without a valid written contract in place with Avo Photonics will be deemed the sole property of Avo Photonics. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Avo Photonics as a result of the referral or through any other means.