Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is actively seeking a highly qualified Junior Software Engineer for software development for the Intelligence and Defense communities. The candidate assists senior software engineers with routine assignments. Applies fundamental knowledge of operating systems and programming languages. Works on well-defined problems and learns under direct supervision. Possesses sufficient writing skills to prepare and generate technical reports and other documentation pertinent to the position.
Software Engineers who are passionate about applying his or her expertise to solve problems of national importance, then we have the job you are looking for! You will be able to achieve your personal and professional goals in a stable environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit.
Junior Software Engineer Required Qualifications
- Active Secret security clearance
- BS in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Engineering /Information Technology along with 1-2 years experience
- Strong foundation in software development and experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
- Demonstrated experience going from problem statement to prototype to production-ready algorithms
- Team player with excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
Junior Software Engineer Desirable Qualifications
- Experience in cloud-based, parallel, or distributed computing
- Familiarity with software design patterns and modern C++
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new domains
- Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/