Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).Job Summary
In Customer and Employee UI organization, you will be part of a team that builds software applications to empower our customers, retail store consultants, care agents and technicians. You'll be aligned with one of our agile product development teams, working together with not only other engineers but also with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Solution Designers, QA engineers, DevOps, and Production Support teams. If you enjoy working on fun, highly visual applications, if you care about the user experience and most importantly, if you are passionate about technology and enjoy working with teams, we’d love to hear from you!Job Description
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Be passionate about learning new skills, picking up new technologies
- Work with our tech stack and tooling which includes, but is not limited to: AngularJS, NodeJS, TypeScript, React, GitHub, Jenkins, and Concourse CI
- Implement standard methodologies and processes, and assist your team with eliminating technical debt
- Follow our agile process, working in sprints together with the rest of the team to deliver on time with technical quality
- Continuously improve yourself and the products you work on
- As part of the agile team, gain an understanding of the full product development life cycle, gain deep knowledge of our platform.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and drive growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.Education
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.