The Solutions Engineer is the interface between our business, development and IT operations teams, and creates scalable and reliable technology solutions for our business workflows.
This is a very technical position that requires strong expertise and experience with integrating various software solutions, both cloud based and on-prem, and providing ongoing support. An example is our Smartbuilding platform, that integrates many building technologies and associated Employee Experience applications.
Candidates must have a strong work ethic, balancing strategic thinking and analytical skills with results orientation and excellent problem-solving skills in a highly energetic and fast paced environment. This individual will be a champion for their product(s) and have a deep understanding of their customers' business needs and the technology landscape.
- Automate business processes using existing systems and tools
- Integrate various solutions to help streamline business processes and enhance the user experience
- Evaluate new technologies to meet new or changed business requirements
- Configure and administrate applications and platforms
- Collaborate with vendor technology teams for troubleshooting, systems updates or feature requests
- Deliver and support new features, including design documentation, use case documentation and user acceptance testing
- Providing technical support and expertise to our internal clients
- Be a thought partner to the Product Director to discuss and design solutions for business problems
- Create and manage plans for product updates, enhancements and bug fixes
- Provide status reports and performance metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or Engineering
- Background in software or system engineering or system administration with IT operations experience
- Experience with implementation, configuration, and administration of Enterprise Systems (SaaS and On-prem)
- Experience in developing and managing API integrations including REST, SOAP, and GraphQL Web APIs
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Ability to gather, analyze, understand and document existing processes identifying gaps, risks and opportunities for improvement and automation of processes in applications
- Experience working with internal technology and business partners, and vendors.
- Coding experience or strong scripting skills required
- Ability to create flowcharts and architecture diagrams
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail