Welcome to Hytrol Careers
The Software Engineer II role is member of the software engineering group that is responsible for all aspects of software design, programming, testing, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of applications, services, and data integrations. They will serve as a collaborative member of their team to champion best practices, ensure code quality, and grow the technology stack. This role is core to building a seamless and interconnected experience for our stakeholders across disparate applications, services, and systems that include desktop clients, mobile apps, web apps, IBM iSeries programs, and ERP. The ideal candidate will have a passion to learn and grow, not only their technical skills, but also their knowledge of our business operations, practices, processes, data, and how IT can more effectively support the needs of the business and operate as a partner for its success.
- Attending and contributing to the development team meetings
- Analyze business application needs and requests.
- Write functional and technical design documentation that supports the coding and project management effort.
- Document processes, job flows, and data designs.
- Recommend changes in system and application maintenance and standards.
- Design, develop, and execute data migration processes and integrations.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain applications and databases.
- Analyze existing legacy code and processes to make suggestions for improvement.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the systems, integration tools, and web services, write technical specifications, review project deliverables, enforce coding standards, and compliance with standards and plans implementations.
- Write code with a security-focused mindset and use industry best practices to secure our data and applications.
- Obtain a deep understanding on iDB2, data design, lifecycle management, and data management best practices.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all scheduled jobs.
- Execute performance analysis and system tuning for optimum performance.
- Perform problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems.
- Install, upgrade, configure, test, and maintain third-party software applications.
- Regularly review system and application logs to catch and resolve bugs, security holes, and failed scheduled jobs.
- Manage and analyze database and audit journals.
- Write unit tests, write test plans, and perform end-to-end regression testing to ensure the solution meets the specified requirements.
- Perform requirements gathering with users, stakeholders, and customer community.
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical people and communicates business ideas to technical people.
- Design new solutions that may be complex and span multiple divergent systems.
- Operate within the SAFe Agile Framework.
- 3+ years of professional experience writing modern desktop, mobile, and/or web solutions using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC Core, Python, or Java
- 3+ years of SQL development experience writing queries, stored procedures, and functions in one or more of these enterprise-level RDBMS: DB2, MSSQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of experience designing database schemas that are performant and scalable.
- Experience in analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and effort estimations.
- Active involvement in at least one full lifecycle project, from requirements gathering through implementations and support.
- Ability to be collaborative and work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- 3+ years of professional experience writing solutions for a business system or ERP, using one or more of the following languages or technologies:
- RPG (RPG II, RPG III, and CL) on IBM iSeries
- Epicor, Infor, Dynamics 365, or Oracle ERP
- Professional experience writing modern applications leveraging C#, C++, VB.NET, or ASP.NET MVC Core
- IBM iSeries program development experience
- .NET development experience on the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience in developing and publishing Android and iOS mobile apps
- Cloud development experience with either Azure
- API management experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience developing web applications and/or mobile apps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thank you for visiting our careers page.