A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking a motivated Software Engineer who wants to be part of a fast-paced team. The Engineering team is perfect for candidates who want to gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies in the Internet of Things world including smart home and business automation, wireless communication, video monitoring and analysis, cutting edge web and mobile app development, e-commerce, large scale real time databases, and backend application development and hosting.
Very few companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a fascinating spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.Responsibilities
The Software Engineer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Designing, implementing and testing new software features
- Innovating and improving existing products
- Analyzing functional requirements and product specifications
- Assisting with researching, adopting and integrating new technologies
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance in developing a test plan to ensure successful deployment of updates
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- 0+ years of experience in Software Development
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering program with strong academic performance.
- Self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Proven team experience and comfort in a team-oriented environment
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products
Our recruiting process for this opportunity is as follows:
- Make an immediate impact and collaborate with outstanding people: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on community: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
- Pass Resume Screening stage
- Pass HackerRank assessment
- Pass Recruiter Phone Screen
- Pass Technical Interviews with the Software Team
- Receive an Offer from Alarm.com
Please note that this process is subject to change.Company Info
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits inclusive of subsidized medical plan options, an HSA with generous company contribution, a 401(k) with employer match, and paid holidays, wellness time, and vacation increasing with tenure. Paid maternity and bonding leave, company-paid disability and life insurance, FSAs, well-being resources and activities, and a casual dress work environment are also part of our outstanding total rewards package!Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.