Rimes provides transformative data management, ESG and investment intelligence solutions to the global investment community. Driven by our passion for solving the most complex data problems, we partner with our clients to help them make better investment decisions using accurate information and industry-leading technology. Headquartered in New York and London, Rimes serves its global clients through offices in Europe, Americas and Asia Pacific.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting growth phase, as Rimes extends into new markets and geographies. To support this, we are hiring for roles across Sales, Product, Development, Marketing and other functions. Visit our Careers page to see our complete listings and more information on our competitive benefits package.
A Software Engineer - Python with proven experience from a software vendor or SaaS vendor with data heavy products. Able to work towards a common goal as part of a cross functional distributed team and work once given direction. Should have positive attitude towards solving challenges and finding new ways. The person will be motivated by continuous improvement in terms of driving and delivering quality with efficiency.
- Design, implement and integrate new functionalities to data centric applications built as microservices and data pipelines.
- Build scalable and robust application in a distributed multi-tenant Hybrid cloud architecture
- Participate to the full life cycle of the user stories taking requirements from product management and working with QA engineer and end user to qualify your work
- Bring ideas and solutions to complex technical problems during team workshop
- Review your team mates code in peer review withing Git
- Be part of a cross functional team and therefore pair with devops or QA resource to solve CI/CD or test automations requiring complex developments - or simply help them
- Contribute to cross team innovation being part of one of our community of practices
- Learn new skills and share your knowledge to other during transversal knowledge transfer sessions
Key Principles & Ways of working:
Relevant Experience and skills:
- An agile DevOps approach to daily workload.
- Used to sharing and management of knowledge.
- Continuous improvement operating model in an agile environment.
- Challenge and innovate existing processes, tools, culture, and technology.
- Capable to follow high level directions to implement continuous improvement.
- Ensure work is delivered consistently to design and build principles and standards.
- A continual learning culture and initiative to stay present with latest technological trends.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to come up with creative solutions.
Team Technical stack:
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field.
- Relevant experience in programming data centric applications and pipelines.
- Able to articulate practical examples of complex problem solved.
- Strong experience in Python coding and experience with others
- Knowledge of pandas library and/or Apache Spark.
- SQL Server coding experience.
- Exposure to microservices architecture, deployment challenges etc.
- Experience with working with Python packaged containers.
- Knowledge, understanding of and(or) experience of:
- OWAPS 10 prevention.
- Version control systems e.g. Git/GitHub.
- Unit testing as an habit.
- Deployment automation (on-premises & cloud).
- Awareness or use of principles like: Code reuse, DRY, KISS, YAGNI.
- JIRA, Confluence, Kanban boards etc.
- Automated testing and integration as part of CI/CD pipelines.
- Code linting and static code analysis.
- Containerisation (Docker & Docker Compose) & Orchestration (Kubernetes) concepts
- Experience in developing Cloud application (using relevant Cloud Services ideally Azure)
- A genuine passion for new ideas and technology excellence as well as passion for automation of Infrastructure. Repeatable patterns, pipelines, and security integrations.
- Atlassian Jira
- Atlassian Confluence
- Hybrid cloud architecture: Azure Cloud & On Premise
- CI/CD: Jenkins & Azure DevOps
- Message Bus / RabbitMQ
- Azure Kubernetes / Docker
- MS SQL
- Git hub
- Azure Search / ELK / Redis
Rimes is committed to promote the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it's through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.