At Cypris, we're building the single ecosystem for global innovation data. Cypris is a market intelligence platform built for research & development & innovation teams. Our platform allows users to gain unique insights from 500M+ global datapoints to answer key questions about their market, competitors, core technologies & more to support new product development, commercial strategy & accelerate global innovation.
We’re connecting r&d teams to the global innovation landscape much like the Bloomberg Terminal did for the finance world & Pitchbook did for venture capital.
Current users include leading r&d & innovation teams at mid-size to fortune 100 companies operating in emerging markets like aerospace, genomics, cancer research, autonomous vehicles & more.Requirements
In this role you will:
A key candidate will have/be:
- Prioritize, coordinate & develop new & beautiful features into our platform
- Utilize industry standards to ensure maximum user experience
- Interact with a java backend and REST APIs
- Improve our automated testing suite for the frontend to enable us to ship faster
- Review pull requests of other team members and give constructive feedback to refactor/improve our current implementation
Technologies we use
- 2-3 years working in front end engineering on functional + beautiful products. (Even better if you’ve worked for a seed-series A startup before)
- A UI expert who has written a significant amount of code using a modern UI framework such as Vue and Angular
- A high level ofUX sensibilities (bonus: product skills + a strong portfolio)
- A proven ability to improve the life of users: iterate fast and ship the product to the community as often as possible
- Excited to work in an agile team & apply outstanding communication and planning skills
Through this role you will get:
Our cultural values:
- A strong base salary & highly incentivized option structure
- To help drive the future growth of our platform
- To have your voice & opinion heard
- Proper training to be armed with the right knowledge to find success in our market
- All of the necessary tools to drive peak productivity
Growth over all else - if we're not growing we're falling behind.
Transparency from the top-down - this is our management-level goal. We'll always strive to be transparent and decisive about our strategy.
Aligned goals- your individual goals should align well with the team's goals. In that way, you'll have a whole team to help you achieve your personal milestones!
Innovation is the answer - at Cypris we're firm believers that some of the world's most compelling & important problems can be solved with innovation. Our mission and duty is to help accelerate & foster innovation through whatever means necessary; at the moment we believe the necessary task is to make innovation more transparent.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get in touch?
You can submit an application on AngelList & we’ll be in touch! If your resume and background appear like a good match, we will reach out for an initial phone screen.
Where is Cypris located?
Cypris has an office in downtown NYC for our NY & NJ employees, however, we offer the ability to work 100% remotely.
We believe that releasing ourselves from sourcing talent from one physical boundary opens the talent pool for us to find the very best & most ambitious team members no matter where they are.
What are Cypris' future hiring plans?
We're constantly looking for the best talent in all facets of engineering, sales, customer success, marketing etc. We will regularly post new job opportunities on this page, AngelList or LinkedIn. Right now our immediate focus is on Sales, Demand Gen & Engineering.
How does Cypris make money?
We sell annual access to our dashboard to R&D, innovation & IP teams looking to get in touch with the innovation landscape. We also build custom reports for objective-oriented projects. Both can be included in one package.
What does the interview process look like?
The process depends on the role. For all positions, we like to start with a quick intro call just to make sure we're aligned.
From there, we typically do a longer (45min) call with one of our team members that can appropriately vet your skills & "speak your language" - on the engineering side, this might mean some technical questions, while on the sales side we ask you to build a quick presentation about yourself.
Finally, we check over a few references & ideally meet in person before making an offer.