Summary of Position Functions
The Software Developer is responsible for participating in the development of applications and service solutions used by T2’s customers. Development will be focused on items coming in from other T2 departments on behalf of our customers.
Essential Position Functions
- Participates in analysis of software and system issues, determines root causes of undesired outcomes, and defines software-based solutions to resolve them.
- Diagnosis of real-world performance and functional concerns along with design and coding efforts to address them.
- Codes/develops software applications and services for T2 Systems.
- Develops and maintains unit level testing for code developed in accordance with Quality Assurance needs.
- Contributes as needed to the production of technical documentation and marketing materials arising from improvements and refactoring of the existing codebase.
- Produces maintainable, reusable code and participates in code reviews (both your own and your peers) to minimize the accumulation of technical debt.
- Researches and recommends software, hardware, and technologies relevant to T2’s product development in correlation to work items handled.
- Provides/receives technical support to/from direct teammates and across the engineering organization.
- Supports corporate goals and objectives and pro-actively addresses issues as part of the production engineering team.
- Participates in meetings, conferences, and company events.
- Continually evaluates departmental processes and external tools and technologies for improvement opportunities specifically for the department and for T2 products in general.
Note: The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Non-Essential Position Functions
Other duties as assigned.
n None at this time.
Education and Qualifications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years’ experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two (2) years of software development life cycle experience, including design, development, testing, and implementation.
- At least one (2) year of work experience in web-based application development using object-oriented languages (C# preferred), .NET Framework, ASP.NET, XML, HTML, JS, IIS and Oracle (preferred) or similar RDBMS.
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence and BitBucket) and Visual Studio or equivalent.
Knowledge and experience using the following is a definite asset:
- Angular (10+)
- nResponsive Web Design
- .NET Core
- Public Cloud Development
- RESTful Architecture
- Prior experience developing custom web server controls is an asset.
- Experience in Agile Development such as SCRUM or XP is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of T2’s software products, services, and processes is required which can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Strong skills in C#, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, web development, IIS, and relational database management systems is required and can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Ability to write quality software in languages appropriate for the platform(s) involved.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and skills.
- Strong desire to stay current with the latest development and technical changes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business, professional, and technical documents.
- Ability to write presentations, reports, proposals, and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospects, customers, management, and staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and tactfully negotiate priority with end users.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed