Junior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our passionate, lean, agile, fast-growing, evolving and tech-loving team on a fixed term contract basis. The projects we are working on are innovative and will change the fast-casual dining experience forever.
As an Junior Software Engineer, you will join a fully-fledged engineering team and learn the skills and technologies that will start you on your career path as a Software Engineer.
You will learn how to design, develop, deploy and maintain innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. You will work in conjunction with other Software Engineers to gain a fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle and contribute to solutions across the entire tech stack, be that backend services, systems integrations or rich user interfaces.
You will relish tackling and solving tough problems and be motivated to learn new skills and work collaboratively with your peers. We will continue investing in you through training, conferences and great opportunities for advancement as we grow our team.
You'll be passionate about Nando's and be eager to contribute in any way you can. You’ll be curious about how and why solutions are built the way they are and relate this back to your growing understanding of industry best practices, patterns, and processes. You will not be scared to get your hands dirty in code or any aspect of the day to day work and will aspire to grow and develop your contribution to the team every single day.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our CRM team to work on delivering solutions to enable our teams to communicate directly to customers, the majority of the focus of this role will be to build out email templates and embedding personalisation features for our customers, and there is the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across a wide range of products that enable us provide customers with a great experience.
- Responsible for delivering designed email campaigns that work across multiple email clients and browsers
- Building and maintaining a suite of templates and working with designers and marketeers to optimise content of emails
- Developing content blocks within our next generation marketing tool to enable dynamic content to be served to our millions of customers
- Actively collaborate with other members of the team across all disciplines from brand, marketing and design to deliver enhanced communications to customer through our web and app journeys
- Deliver features working in a pair, becoming equally comfortable driving or navigating during pairing sessions
- Continuously learn and develop your skills; be curious across all aspects of your team's work and grow your understanding of Nando’s as a whole
- Able to use version control, such as Git; has a basic understanding of code reviews and pull requests; actively seeks feedback on code early and often
- Basic understanding of Agile and Lean development practices
- Understand the basic concept of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
Everyone is Welcome
At Nando's, everyone is welcome. Inspired by our Southern African heritage we know and value the richness that diversity brings to Nando’s. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and respectful culture for all; including our existing and future Nandocas, partners and suppliers, customers and the communities we are a part of.
We deliberately work hard to create an environment where every individual is valued, respected and can flourish regardless of who they are, their background or outlook on life.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of individuals and will consider any reasonable adjustments in order to enable candidates to perform as well as possible during the recruitment process