As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, to accelerate time-to-market, and to support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We have been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for over 60 years now. Today, more than 7,500 employees distributed across 90 locations around the world continue to delight our customers with innovative solutions.
Bruker Nano, one of Bruker's four operating segments, provides customers in academic and governmental institutions, life science, materials, and applied industries with the tools to determine the characteristics of matter and visualize the structure of molecules. Divisions within BNANO include Bruker AXS, Bruker Nano Analytics, Bruker Nano Surfaces and Metrology, Fluorescence Microscopy, and Canopy.
The FM Software group of the Nano Surfaces Business of Bruker Corporation in Madison, WI is looking for a Software Engineer to be a key contributor in the design and development of our world leading Fluoroscopy Microscopes. As a member of the software team you will analyze, debug, and drive architectural refactoring of software for improved performance and future expansion. You will work closely with scientists and other engineering disciplines to design, develop and test new application software features and enhancements.
- Provide new designs and architectural requirements for real-time, non-real time, intuitive interactive software systems and to implement new modes of operation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and test new application software features and enhancements
- Writing & documenting APIs
- Lead teams & projects
- Thorough working knowledge and broad experience using C/C++, C#, Java and VB.NET.
- Experience in layered software systems using object-oriented design for the development of production level software tools and systems.
- Experience designing and coding large Windows based systems with low-latency real-time/non-real-time intuitive interactive software.
- Demonstrated ability to writing and documenting APIs or higher order system interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate timeframes and set achievable milestones.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in real-time instrumentation control of vision, motion control, digital signal processing and data acquisition systems used in microscopy, physics, chemistry, neuroscience, or microbiology.
- Experience designing component-based software using architecture layering for systems programming.
- Domain knowledge of Fluorescence Microscopy.
- Knowledge of image processing, convolutions, pattern recognition use, image filtering and segmentation, 3d with OpenGL or Direct3D, and MATLAB, LabVIEW, or Python to support algorithms and analysis systems development.
- Knowledge of mathematics, physics, digital signal processing theory and implementation, control systems, algorithm principles & design, electronics, materials & optics to create new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Position requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree in the field of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Should be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and exceptionally good at problem solving.
- The ability to lift and move equipment up to 30 pounds.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
External Company URL: https://www.bruker.com/
Street: 5465 East Cheryl Parkway
Full Time Remote Eligible: No