The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern-day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in ground-breaking technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities, and solid state radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it a scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
In This Role, You Will
As a Software Development Engineer, you will join the Modeling and Simulation team on the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program.
- Build new source code in C++ and Python
- Mentor other simulation developers
- Review source code and merge requests from all of the developers
- Apply missile guidance, navigation, and control expertise to modeling and simulation
- Integrate Matlab/Simulink models into a 6-DOF C++ simulation
- Develop high fidelity models and simulation software
- Modify code in C++, C, Matlab, Simulink, Fortran, Python, Linux shell, and YAML
- Create unit tests
- Run simulation software on a high performance computing cluster
- Work in an Agile DevSecOps environment with Docker/Container and Kubernetes deployment
- Collaborate with the performance analysts, Flight Software team, and customer
Typically has 9-15 years of professional experience and a technical degree.
About the location:
This position is in Rocket City USA, one of the greatest places to work: Huntsville, AL