Information Security Engineer- Students
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
The Appian Information Security department continuously evaluates the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings. Appian is seeking talented Information Security Engineers to join our growing Information Security team, where you’ll assist with security engineering projects to support security operations, monitoring, and compliance. You will have an opportunity to develop and work on tools and systems that protect critical assets from emerging threats as well as evaluate international security concerns, vulnerability management, and industry security regulations.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- The ability to build systems to enable Appian InfoSec to quickly adapt and defend against modern attacker techniques
- To provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of security products and devices
- To work with various Appian systems to design and implement enhanced detection technologies
- To conduct risk analysis and provide recommendations for remediation or mitigation
- To design and build security tools and processes for scanning, testing, monitoring and reporting
- To conduct security research and present findings to senior engineers and security architects
- To identify, design, and execute on security projects that improve Appian’s intrusion detection and response capabilities
- To have a familiarity with Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- To have knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), networks, or operating systems
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community and strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field of study
- Programming/scripting experience in one or more languages (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++)
- An understanding of network fundamentals and internet protocols (TCP/IP networking and network services DNS, DHCP, etc.)
Preferred Start Date: Jan 2023-Sept 2023
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.