You might not realize it but digital out-of-home is all around you; from the billboards in Times Square, to the TVs at gas pumps, screens at electric vehicle charging stations, elevators, the grocery check-out aisle and everything in between. Our mission is to power that global digital signage ecosystem. We’ve built software solutions that can run entire signage networks and an end-to-end marketplace for programmatic advertising exclusively for digital out-of-home.
Vistar Media is a rapidly growing global software & advertising technology company. In addition to our industry leading technology (we’ve been recognized as AdExchanger’s 2021 & 2020 Top Programmatic Power Players, and Street Fight’s Innovator Awards’ Best Ad Platform 2019, among others), we’re proud of our team and the positive, supportive culture we’ve built. We’re scaling our teams globally; join us!
About the position:
Our team at Vistar Media is made up of engineers from a variety of backgrounds and expertise. This makes it the perfect place to learn from seasoned engineers to help expand your knowledge of a new programming language or technology and to make a big impact on our products and services. Our engineers work closely with our Product team week-to-week to develop new lines of business and add to our existing feature set. At Vistar, we value code quality and have a rigorous code review process. The responsibility is shared across the team, with each member participating.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to develop software solutions for our platform. Our ideal candidates are familiar with current trends in web technology, and have experience in at least one of the languages used in our code base.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to work with their team to build high-quality, performant and well-tested software that complies with coding standards and quality expectations of the leadership team and our clients.
What you'll do:
- Write well-designed, well-tested code
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems
- Participate in code reviews for your teammates
What experience we're looking for:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer in a team environment
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with a formal code review process is a plus
What we offer:
- Flexible, fun start-up environment and culture
- An approachable and accessible C-Suite
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k + match
- Unlimited PTO and summer Fridays
- Company-wide and team specific entertainment budgets for both in-person and virtual team building
- A flexible hybrid work environment, with a fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches, and casual attire while in office (fully remote is an option for some roles)
- Biweekly expensed lunch perk for fully remote employees
- Sponsored Volunteer Events and Vistar Gives Back program
- An awesome and supportive bunch of people to work with and learn from
At Vistar Media, we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including experience, skills, and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause compensation to vary. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position. The salary range estimate for this position as performed in New York City is $85,000 - $110,000 and as performed in CA is $85,000 - $110,000, plus bonus potential, comprehensive health benefits, 401k with company match, and a lifestyle stipend. The salary range for this position as performed outside of New York City and CA may vary. The actual pay will be at Vistar Media’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to geographic location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
If you’re ambitious, highly driven and interested in making a big impact at a rapidly growing company, Vistar is the place for you. Apply to join our team!
Recruiting fraud is a serious issue facing jobseekers. Please be aware that Vistar Media would never require personal information (such as bank account information) during the interview process. Should an employee from Vistar Media reach out to you, that communication will come from an @vistarmedia.com email address. During a typical interview process, you will have several phone, video, and/or in-person interviews with multiple Vistar Media employees before a hiring decision is made. We do not require payment from applicants for training or other costs incurred, nor do we offer compensation before hiring.