Pharmacy Benefits Reinvented-
As the industry’s alternative pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), we’re committed to making prescriptions more affordable for you and your members. Here at Navitus, our team members work in an environment that celebrates creativity, fosters diversity and encourages growth. We welcome new ideas and share a passion for excellence.
The Software Engineer position ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT Innovation team, to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. They will serve in a more seasoned capacity, within the team and will collaborate with the business teams to prototype new technologies, and recommend solutions. This role will be involved with research, design, development, testing and documentation of projects. They will be encouraged to continually look for creative ways to stretch the boundaries and challenge the norms. This position will take an open-minded approach to technology and embrace the culture of Innovation at Navitus. As a Software Engineer, having a creative vision & continually thinking of the many ways a problem can be solved, is a must.
Is this you? Find out more below!
How do I make an impact on my team?
- Ensure efforts delight the customer
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication
- Conduct code reviews on an as needed basis to ensure conformity to company development guidelines
- Research and identify new technologies which will enhance the ability to deliver robust, innovative solutions
- Install and configure environments required for development and prototyping
- Collaborate with business teams to identify business challenges and translate into use cases and value propositions for new & emerging technology
- Design, develop, prototype and document new technology solutions that are easily maintainable and scalable and satisfy identified use cases
- Provide technical training and documentation to areas reviewing prototypes
- Participate in all Agile Scrum ceremonies and as a member of an agile team to consistently deliver increments of work that adhere to the Definition of Done as defined by the team
- Responsibilities (including one or more of the following):
- C# (required)
- Python (required)
- Typescript (required)
- Unix/Linux shell scripting (required)
- Kentico CMS
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio
- Other languages, frameworks, libraries, or technologies as required for the optimal solution
What our team expects from you?
- College degree (2 or 4 year program) typically in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and must have 6+ years of professional development experience
- Minimum of six or more years of work experience required
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices including object oriented programming
- Extensive knowledge of source control tools such as TFS and GitHub
- Proven experience collaborating with business teams to analyze business requirements and develop technical specifications
- Demonstrated paired programming and Agile Scrum
- Documented experience developing test cases and test plans
- Demonstrated understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Participate in, adhere to, and support compliance program objectives
- The ability to consistently interact cooperatively and respectfully with other employees
What can you expect from Navitus?
- Hours/Location: Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm CST, Remote
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Educational Assistance Plan and Professional Membership assistance
- Referral Bonus Program – up to $750!
- Top of the industry benefits for Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off, Eight paid holidays, 401K, Short-term and Long-term disability, College Savings Plan, Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance Program, and Employee Assistance Program