QTEC Aerospace is seeking a SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our team of professionals in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of a team of professionals representing both industry and government. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, have a proven track record and a positive work ethic.
QTEC Aerospace is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals. The successful candidates will function as an integral member of a multi-contractor team providing program, engineering, and technical support to Missile Defense programs. The selected candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Under supervision, responsible for performing analysis and technical support of systems software products, including resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
- Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products
- Works from specifications to develop or modify system applications
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications and may require instruction and guidance in other phases
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related engineering field from an accredited college
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Software engineering and software development with strong Java experience
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Git, JIRA and Eclipse
- Ability to work independently and possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and prepare and brief presentations to the customer as needed
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
Desired Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits
- Knowledge of server-side development, computer system administration
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking
Candidates must currently have and be able to maintain a minimum DoD SECRET level security clearance.
It is the policy of QTEC, Inc. not to discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, disability, veteran status or any protected statuses and to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals within the company.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro