We believe everyone should have access to a better financial future. Our team builds simple, transparent and inclusive products that transform borrowing behavior and improve financial outcomes. With our easy to use, all-in-one platform, we empower our 6 million members to achieve their goals, one paycheck at a time. Backed by First Round Capital and JP Morgan.
Our office inspires our talented team members to build life-changing products for our customers and have fun while doing it . We created a home away from home by designing a kitchen, living room, bar, and office space all-in-one.
Perpay is located in Center City, Philadelphia in a new, open floor plan, river-front office. A coffee bar sits at the heart of the office with espresso, drip coffee, cold brew and tea options. The rest of the office has comfortable, open seating including: sitting desks, standing desks, couches, lounge chairs, and kitchen booths & tables. We provide catered lunches and weekly groceries so team members can make breakfast or lunch, or just snack -we don’t judge. Join us as we transform the credit landscape!
How far we have come and where we are going:
- 2017: Launched Perpay’s buy now, pay later marketplace of 1,000+ top brands
- 2020: Launched Perpay+, allowing members to build credit by shopping w ith an average credit score increase of 35+ points
- 2022: Building our next product, establishing Perpay as a household name for consumer finance
About the Role:
At Perpay, we’re looking for recent graduates to join our Software Engineering team. You’ll directly contribute to our codebase, test & release features into production, partner with our other teams like product, design, data science & analytics, operations, and other stakeholders to ship new features and products. As a new graduate, you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen your skills and learn new tools alongside other new graduates and learn from experienced engineers. Plus, we do fun things like team events and after work happy hours!
Our greatest strength is our people and we’d love for you to be one of them!
- Working on the development of features for our customers and our internal finance, operational, data science, and risk teams
- Planning and implementing specifications
- Executing and partnering on new features with other engineers
- Testing and releasing features into production
- Analyzing data
- Working with our stakeholders to design and implement new products, as well as new features for our existing platform
What You'll Bring:
- Currently pursuing or recent graduate (Dec. 2021 at latest) of Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- 1 - 2 previous Software Engineering internships
- Experience with Python and/or polyglots with experience with another dynamically typed language
- Exposure to web application frameworks, preferably Django or Flask
- Ability to be writing server-side code one day, analyzing data another, all while contributing to our client-side single page application
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, with software engineering fundamentals being valued more than familiarity with specific tools or languages
- A strong focus on writing and deploying clear, readable, testable code
we know not everybody checks all the boxes, so if you’re interested, please apply because you could be just what we’re looking for!
What We’ll Bring:
- Competitive salary + company equity
- 401k with company match
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Pre-tax Public Transportation benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Student loan company match
- Gym subsidy with City Fitness
- Cell phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Optional remote work days
- Opportunity to gain experience at one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country in both e-commerce & fintech working cross functionally.
This is not a remote opportunity ()
Perpay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, political affiliation, age, veteran status, disability status or other non-merit factor. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.